Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Mud Pit

Our farm yard is an absolute mud pit. Well until this afternoon that is. We just had 14 loads of gravel dumped and spread in our yard to try to build up enough of a foundation that we can actually move heavy equipment around with out sinking out of sight. Jeff has been struggling with feeding cows as the tractor is digging a ditch with the axle every time he goes to the field. It's a miracle that he hasn't caught the water or power lines yet.

It was bad enough in or house yard too. My poor car would drag and bottom out in some of the spots. We'll see how it goes when I get home as they supposedly fixed it while they were at it.

I'm starting to look forward to my maternity leave. I'm a little unsure of a whole year, but I think I just need a vacation from heavy thought. I've been so busy with loans, mortgages, line of credit reviews and a new twist to my job, helping with creating projections and budgets to support a loan application. I find when I get home I'm positively wasted.

Last weekend I had a mini burst of energy. Maybe it was nesting. And I cleaned our deck. Now, I don't just mean I swept off dead leaves (I did do that too). I wiped, took apart, washed, scrubbed and re-organized pots to be ready for flowers when the weather is right. I just wish that I could get my nesting instinct to force me to do our income taxes and CAIS come Hell or high-water!! Maybe this weekend...

3 Comments:

At 11:42 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

You would not believe how fast one year can fly by when you are on mat leave.

You bring your little bundle home from the hospital, you blink and then she is walking and learning to talk and waving bye bye as you drop her off at the babysitter. I honestly don't know how the Americans go back after only 6 weeks--you couldn't tear my baby away from me when they were that tiny and fragile.

Can you come wash my deck please??

 
At 1:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

timothy straw is the best way to soak up water and is the only stable surface to drive a tractor across. it creates its own bridge and turns to cement.

 
At 11:30 p.m., Blogger April said...

I'm sitting here over 10 months into my "mat leave" and totally agreeing with jen's comment above. I can't believe it has been 10 months already, and even though he is that old--I still can't really bring myself to thinking about someone else looking after him (instead of me)just yet. I just don't want to miss anything. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about staying home...but my feelings are quite clear at the moment. There isn't anything I'd rather be doing. I am unsure if/when I will return to the "working world", but I am taking it one day at a time and enjoying each moment. ♥

 

Post a Comment

<< Home