Thursday, May 10, 2007

Where did the time go?

I can't believe it's been over three weeks since I last posted. We're so busy with spreading fertilizer and seeding and calving that I have no clue when life will slow down again... Perhaps next November?

Our yard dried beautifully with all of that gravel. The timothy straw idea was a good one, however it is virtually impossible to get here. Any straight timothy grown here is used as feed for horses and though it is possilbe to grow it for seed, it is rarely done (and again, the straw is used as feed). We needed a more permanent solution to our mucky yard woes.

After much worry, the pastures and hay that we seeded last year seems to be nicely established and growing lush and beautiful. The cows will be happy girls to munch on that.

In other news, Jeff''s mom, dad, sister and little brother have moved here from Southeastern MB. It is so wonderful to be building our family numbers up again as we have get togethers rather than missing those who aren't there now. They moved from a square-people-round-world community and I hope that this area is as good to them as it has been to me over the years. I think they will get along well.

My Invisalign braces are no more! You'd think that would be a good thing, however I am now in porcelain traditional braces for six months! The Invisalign just couldn't make the last adjustments necessary for teeth so straight I can measure things with them. Still they were worth every penny extra as the traditional braces hurt WAY more than the Invisalign did.

The baby is kicking up a storm and when she moves, I feel like my entire body moves with her. From what I've gathered, she weighs somewhere between 3 and 4 pounds now. I'm getting entirely too close for comfort to being off work. My last day is scheduled for June 15. Too much to do, not enough time. Isn't that the way it always is? I guess that's why time flies too.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I can hardly wait to visit you next month! In the meantime, I've tagged you for a meme at my blog. You are under no pressure to do it if you don't want to!

Cheers!

Jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home